- establishing a Bureau of Copyright at the IP office to hear certain copyright disputes and oversee copyright policy, copyright licensing and collective management agreements
- regulation of Collective Management Organizations, or collecting societies who collect and enforce copyright on behalf of members. The IP Office will oversee them.
- the definition of copyright infringement is expanded to include contributory infringement and evading technological anti-circumvention measures
- statutory damages may now be claimed instead of actual damages
- changes to the fair use regime to allow personal copying by the visually impaired
The amendments help provide revenue streams for local artists through collection of royalties as well as helping the Philippines improve its standing with the international copyright industries.