Sunday, July 26, 2020

Covid 19 research and IP in SE Asia

Update Rabu 20 Mei 2020: Pasien Positif Covid-19 di Jakarta 6.150 ...
As research work on vaccines and treatments worldwide speeds up, SEA is taking part in various trials. See here for previous reports on concerns about access to Covid treatments. 

There are a dozen or so candidates to prevent or treat COVID-19 now in clinical trials. These include preventative vaccine candidates (like Oxford University’s ChAdOxInCoV19 or Pfizer’s BNT162), as well as various existing and new drugs for treating the disease (e.g. Gilead’s Remdesivir or Zhejiang Hisun’s Favipravir), as well as generics like Dexamethasone. 

Nearly 2,000 trials are ongoing worldwide now. Data in late July indicated nearly 30 in SE Asia, with Thailand leading with at 8 trials following by Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. Trials are hugely expensive and the majority fail at some point. The key to speed is the global coordination by WHO to avoid duplication of the same work. 

The majority of the work is re-purposing existing drugs.  The challenge with that is where there may be patent protection for these drugs.  A number of the older ones, including Tenofovir (another Gilead drug) have expired in many countries.  Another problem is second medical use patents, which are not consistently treated around the world or in SE Asia. Indonesia has also recently brought in new rules on compulsory licensing (report to follow) aimed to allow medical emergencies to override patents. 

There is no suggestion anyone will use IP to prevent access to Covid treatments. The race is on and it is useful to understand the IP background since the issue will need to be considered at some point. 

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such great piece of information with us. Thanks for this article.For best detective services in Delhi and all over India contact us.
    detective agency in Delhi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post is actually the freshest on this laudable subject. I harmonize with your conclusions and will thirstily look forward to see your approaching updates. We are one of best Private detective agency in Delhi providing best service to our clients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing very usefull information on
    GST Registration in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO GUYS!!! I am Kathryn. I live in Chicago,USA. I am very excited today and do not know where to start my testimony from. I was a poor woman with 3 kids and found it difficult to pay my bills and feed my kids. My husband left me and the kids for another woman and ever since then we were living in pain and hunger but just few days ago I came across a testimony of a man who got a blank ATM card from Alexander's ATM so I immediately contacted him for the same type of ATM card and i am very happy to announce to the world that i am living a fulfilled life. This blank ATM card can withdraw up to 10,000 dollars and more daily without you having any account with any bank. I have been able to buy a house and start my own business with this Programmed blank ATM card. Make  your  order  today and start living a good life, Alexander email address is alexanderhackers01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Need a Debt Loan To Pay Off Bills?
    Take control of your debt today
    Available Now Business Expansion Loan Offer?
    Do you need a loan to pay off Bills?
    Do you need a loan?
    Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Expansion Loan?
    Business Start-up, Education,
    Debt Consolidation Loan
    Hard Money Loans
    Loan for any thing ?
    We offer loan at low interest rate of 3%
    Loan with no credit check,
    Email us: financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com
    Call or add us on what's app +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  6. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Guy's

    Fresh & valid spammed USA SSN+Dob Leads with DL available in bulk.

    >>1$ each SSN+DOB
    >>2$ each with SSN+DOB+DL
    >>5$ each for premium (also included relative info)

    Prices are negotiable in bulk order
    Serious buyer contact me no time wasters please
    Bulk order will be preferable

    CONTACT
    Telegram > @leadsupplier
    ICQ > 752822040
    Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

    OTHER STUFF YOU CAN GET

    SSN+DOB Fullz
    CC's with CVV's (vbv & non-vbv)
    USA Photo ID'S (Front & back)

    All type of tutorials available
    (Carding, spamming, hacking, scam page, Cash outs, dumps cash outs)

    SMTP Linux Root
    DUMPS with pins track 1 and 2
    Socks, rdp's, vpn's
    Server I.P's
    HQ Emails with passwords

    Looking for long term business
    For trust full vendor, feel free to contact

    CONTACT
    Telegram > @leadsupplier
    ICQ > 752822040
    Email > leads.sellers1212@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valuable information. Lucky me I found your web site by accident, and I'm shocked why this accident didn't happened earlier! I bookmarked it. official records of the civil war

    ReplyDelete