Thursday, November 22, 2018

Digital commerce in SEA

Image result for ecommerce

The digital economy is booming in SE Asia. A report called E-Conomy SEA 2018 by Google and Temasek about ride hailing apps, online media, online travel and e-commerce makes in SE Asia has some interesting facts and predictions:
  • 350m SEA digital consumers in 2018 in a $72Bn E-Conomy, expected to reach $240bn by 2025
  • Indonesia’s e-commerce sector dominates the SEA region at $27bn in value; Vietnam has the largest e-commerce share of total GDP at 4%
  • 41% of travel is booked online now, due to rise to 57% by 2025
  • Online media – gaming, ads, gambling and subscription music & video is growing by 24% p.a. in SE Asia
  • Ride hailing and food delivery are with 26% growth with Indonesia tha largest and fastest growing
  • VC funding is booming - 2,000+ internet companies got funding of over $7 bn over 3 years (record $1.4 bn in 2018)
  • Unicorn companies include Bukalapak, Lazarda, Go-Jeck, Grab, Tokopedia Razer, VNG, Traveloka. Only Lazarda has been through an exit (trade sale to Alibaba)
  • Fintech is attracting a great deal of new interest; Medtech, digital education and social commerce will grow too
  • Singapore HQ and Indonesian companies got the most investments
  • Improvements: Mobile data costs falling, consumer trust growing, skilled talent pool bigger
  • Challenges: logistics still hard, disparate payment systems
For everyone involved there is massive excitement and the hope that such a huge sectoral growth can buoy SEA economies for some years.

2 comments:

  1. Although therapy has become more tolerable and once daily FDC tables have made it easier to adhere to prescribed treatment, it still requires that patients take their medication regularly to achieve sustained viral suppression. When treatment adherence is inadequate and replication is therefore not suppressed, But dr itua promised and fulfilled his promised to me as he said I will share his work to people that are suffering from Infertility, Herpes, Hepatitis A/B, Fibroid, HIV/ Aids, Alzheimer's disease, Arthritis, Copd, Diabetes, Liver/Kidney Inflamotry, Fibromyalgia, Parkinson's disease, I have read a lot of testimony online from Jesus McKinney,Achima Abelard and Tara Omar on how dr itua heal them with his herbal medicine I contacted him on Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then we talk on whatsapp +2348149277967 he gave me instruction on how to drink it for two weeks then after drinking it for two weeks I went for test then I find out I was cured of HIV, I thank him allot i also send him some money for appreciation, Contact this great herbal doctor if you are a sick person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

    ReplyDelete